Welcome to the System Crafters Forum!

Welcome to the official discussion forum for the System Crafters community!

Getting Started

Here are some things you can do to get started:

:speaking_head: Introduce yourself by adding your picture and information about yourself and your interests to your profile. Tell us what tools you use!

:open_book: Get to know the community by browsing discussions that are already happening here. When you find a post interesting, informative, or entertaining, use the :heart: to show your appreciation or support!

:handshake: Contribute by commenting, sharing your own perspective, asking questions, or offering feedback in the discussion. Before replying or starting new topics, please review the Community Guidelines.

Feedback?

If you have any suggestions for how we can improve the forum, feel free to post about it in Site Feedback or contact the admins.

4 Likes

Hello, Crafters. I am here now, as requested by @summeremacs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the alpha of papas!

1 Like

I’m really digging this forum. Thanks for making it, David. I could see this becoming the premiere place to talk about Emacs online (as long as it doesn’t get overrun by noobs with questions that are answerable by 5 seconds of googling; that’s a guideline we might want to consider having someday).

3 Likes

@alphapapa How do I exit Emacs? I tried everything and chatgpt doesn’t help me.

@paulwicking Have you tried turning it off and on again?

This is among the most hallowed of rituals, and must be done with great care. Begin by saying a solemn prayer to the most venerable St. Ignucius. Light a candle and place it on your desk in reverence. Chant the Song of Vim backwards. Finally open up a terminal and invoke the sacred incantation:

ps -A | grep emacs | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill -9
4 Likes

there is no reason to exit emacs

2 Likes

Sometimes you gotta update the kernel or drop in new hardware ya know.

1 Like